Well, there are some steps that work for you to protect the worksheet and its data. Follow the steps to do so:
- Choose entire cells that ARE allowed to change.
- Then on the keyboard > press Ctrl + 1 to open the Format Cells dialog box
- And on the Protection tab > remove the check mark from Locked.
- Click OK > to close the dialog box
In this way, you can protect your worksheet from getting changed or deleted.
# Protect the worksheet in Excel 2007
- On the Excel Ribbon > click the Review tab
- Click Protect Sheet. And your Excel 2007 worksheet is protected now
# Protect the worksheet in Excel 2003
- Click Tools menu > click Protection
- And click Protect worksheet in Excel 2003
So in this way you can save or protect your important data in Excel worksheet from getting changed or deleted.